Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 14th: Breaking Knitting Rules with Lori Guest and Erin Crickett.

Dear Lori and Erin,

Thanks so much for clammoring into the on air studio at CFRU last Thursday. I love that you stop doing knitting projects that you don't want to keep doing. I love that you knit in bars, and spin on your front step saying hey to your neighbors . I love that you spin garbage. I love that you knit projects that are hard, that you break the rules, or sometimes don't even know what the rules are. I love that you are so enthusiastic about what you do. Its contagious. I love that you are committed to talking about important issues, even when they're not at all popular conversations.

I love the idea that we knit and look at our hands, and don't have to look at each other, and that sometimes makes it easier to talk the hard topics.

Keep up the good work.

Fierce, tough, loud, dirty love,
sar
PS: to listen to this interview, get yourself to this website: http://www.radio4all.net/files/sarah.mangle@gmail.com/4332-1-toughknitters.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment